The Importance of Electronic gadgets in our lives
Let’s start by giving a definition to the word “Gadgets”. A gadget is a small tool such as a machine that has a particular function but is often thought of as a novelty.
Gadgets are electronically simplified applications that make work easy. They play a significant role in the common man’s life and we have grown so used to it that it becomes very difficult for us to think of daily life chores in the absence of machines. Ranging from a washing machine, a chimney or an electric hub, the churner or simply the television set; Instruments have invaded each and every part of our life and have proved themselves to be useful.
There are hundreds of inventions which have revolutionized human life. Electronic gadgets are prominent among these inventions. They play a vital role in our lives. The electronic gadgets which we use daily consist of lights, televisions, computers, fans, A/Cs, refrigerators, telephones, cell phones, etc. Life would have been very difficult without these inventions.
History of Electronic Gadgets
The first electronic gadget was introduced by an American Scientist, Sir Joseph Henry, in the year 1835. He invented a remote switch was controlled by electricity. However, the credit of this invention was given to English inventor Edward Davy in his electric telegraph c. 1835.
Gadgets for our daily life:
Today we use various electronic gadgets in our daily life. Everything from cooking to music uses electronics or electronic components in some way. Communication gadgets are a category of gadget which controls the biggest importance of our lives but it is not the only gadgets that can increase efficiency. Just think of the morning when you start using the gadgets. From the very first in the morning, you need to use the alarm clock to wake you up until you want to gate late.
Life helper and optimizer:
With the advancement in the technology new sophisticated gadgets – the importance of machines is coming up that enable in surgeries and diagnostic thus preventing people from frequent deaths. In earlier times due to lack of medical development usually people die before the time but recently medical science has developed so much that people can now get medicines for every disease and illness. Even for minor things like measuring blood pressure, sugar level and other there are various kinds of machines.
The Importance of Gadgets in our life :
1. Gadgets increase our efficiency: Before the invention of the telephone or the more recent e-mails, sending messages and letters would take days to reach its destination. The soft wares used for application on the internet and the telecommunication are nothing but technical gadgets. These Instruments actually have increased human productivity in terms of work and made the world a better place to live in.
2. A gadget brings joy to the family: With the advent of web-cam and other video accessories, staying away from family and friends is no longer painful. This importance of machines can make distant things come near and make human accessibility very easy.
3. Gadgets make things compact: Take the example of a Swiss Army knife. It can be used as a spoon, knife, tweezer, bottle opener, fork, etc. In a single gadget, a user can get the function of more than one product.
4. They help in saving space: Initially, in the early years of telecommunication, the wired handsets could be positioned at a prescribed position only for connectivity. With the advent in technology, mobiles were invented that allowed users the freedom to access calls when moving around. With a blackberry, one can also avail internet facilities when moving around.
5. Gadgets are fun! iPods, music systems, video games, DVD and most important of all the popular idiot box of ours-“TV” need no introduction as to how enjoyable have they made our lives. These technical inventions have the power to make us smile by having access to our emotions and needs. They are instruments that can ward off the feelings of loneliness. They are so fun that it actually becomes very essential to integrate them with our lives.
6. Gadgets are encouraged to innovation and creativity: Since technology is challenging, it sparks the brain to work to its full potential. In the past, it used to be very difficult to start a business, one had to have lots of capital and they even had limited access to business information. Today, it is very easy to start a business while at home. Let’s look at companies like Etsy.com which enable creative people to sell their works online, this encourages creativity. Another good example is kickstarter.com which helps creative people get funds for their projects through crowdfunding.
So, gadgets not only make our lives easier but also save our money and precious time. Buying a single gadget will give us the functions of many. This makes gadgets cheap and affordable. It can, therefore, be concluded that gadgets are not only important because they make our lives easy but also because we can play with them.
- Let’s talk about in depth about top 5 Gadget Technologies that will change the life as we see it.
1. Self Driving Cars / Autonomous Vehicles
Over next few years self driving cars will be safer and start taking place in mainstream. Self driving cars that we have today are much safe than human driven cars in many comparative conditions.
As per WHO (World Health Organization) estimation more than 1.2 million people die from road accidents every year. Cars are major reason for the death of people world-wide. Not ignoring other problems like Traffic in City, Parking Problems and Over speeding. All of those problems are aimed to be solved by Self Driving Cars.
Those autonomous vehicles will be controlled automatically as they can communicate with each other to avoid traffic jams, road accidents and riders can also save their time by spending their driving time.
2. Virtual & Augmented Reality
We already know that Tech giants like Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple are investing loads of dollars to make VR (Virtual Reality) & AR (Augmented Reality) more usable, affordable and immersive experience. Many of us thing that VR and AR can only be used for gaming and entertainment but by the time there will be many application of AR & VR like Medical applications, 3D manipulation and virtual meetups.
3. Clean Energy
Whole world is fighting with climate change by reducing the demand of energy but it doesn’t look working enough. However Engineers, Scientists and Entrepreneurs are working restlessly to make energy clean and cost effective. Solar dadgets are the most efficient and clean energy that we can leverage so far and prices have dropped to affordable levels from last decade.
Solar energy gadgets will soon be more cost efficient and widely adopted within world as we already see it booming in 21st century. Many countries like India are on initiatives to convert public facilities to self sustaining clean energy using solar gadgets. Tesla is working to create high performing affordable electric cars and installing multiple charging stations in world.
Drones were considered as an military gadgets but they’re rapidly gaining popularity among wide range of day to day consumer applications as well as commercial applications. If you didn’t know drones are used to monitor natural disasters, bridges, boarders and even wild life. Amazon and google uses drones to home deliver groceries and medical supplies which is the next level usage of modern gadgets.
5. Pocket Supercomputers
Our must have daily usage gadget Smart Phone consist of 2 billion transistors which is 600x more transistors than Intel Pentium computer, Means today’s smartphone gadgets were supercomputers once in a time. You can instantly connect with anyone is the world who has a smartphone and working internet connection. I wonder if engineers of Intel’s supercomputer may have imagined technology gadgets this way. We don’t have to elaborate the use case of smart phones further but from medical science to education industry smart phones have became a must have gadget for us.